Calls for mobile phone coverage improvements in Blakeney area
Concerns about mobile phone coverage in the Blakeney area is being taken up by North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb.
He has written to the chief executive of telecommunications watchdog Ofcom and major network operators asking them to investigate ways in which coverage could be boosted in response to concerns voiced by the parish council and local people.
Mr Lamb says it is particularly important following the withdrawal of local flood
'Many of the communities along this coastline are susceptible to flooding. Without the flood sirens people depend on phones to be notified of threatened floods. If the landlines come down and they have no mobile phone coverage, then they are dangerously isolated' said Mr. Lamb
You may also want to watch:
'Local residents are rightly concerned that they could be at risk should there be a flood. The withdrawal of flood sirens along this vulnerable section of our coast was a serious mistake. But it makes it more important to secure decent mobile phone coverage.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 6 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?