Call to nominate your N&N hospital heroes
- Credit: Keiron Tovell Photography
Patients are being urged to nominate their hospital heroes as part of an annual awards scheme at a Norfolk NHS trust.
Officials from the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust have opened the nomination process for the 2013 Patient Choice Award.
Patients are being asked to put forward the name or team who have gone the extra mile to help them at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital or Cromer Hospital.
Nominations for the EDP-sponsored awards will be open until June 30 and recognise those staff who provide exceptional kindness, professional expertise or patient care.
More than 500 nominations were submitted for last year's awards and patients can put forward any nurse, doctor, midwife, therapist, receptionist or other member of staff who looked after them during an out-patient visit, day procedure or longer stay.
You may also want to watch:
Anna Dugdale, chief executive of the hospital trust, said: 'It's such a pleasure to be able to recognise some of our special employees who go above and beyond the call of duty to support and care for our patients and their families.'
The winner of last year's Patient Choice Award for most outstanding member of staff was paediatric consultant David Booth, who has been a doctor since 1996. Dr Booth was nominated by Laura Palmer for the 'first-class medical care' he has provided to her daughter, Eva, since she was born.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 10 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
Gissing Ward was chosen as the winner of the Patient Choice team award.
Annabel Kennan, public governor for the N&N and judge for the Patient Choice Award said: 'This is a fantastic opportunity for patients to nominate those truly exceptional individuals or teams who have made a difference to their lives.'
The awards have been sponsored by Serco which provides a range of services at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, including catering and cleaning. The Patient Choice Award is supported by the EDP.
To make a nomination visit www.nnuh.nhs.uk