Call for Costessey fete volunteers
- Credit: Archant � 2013
Costessey fete organisers are calling for volunteers to help on the big day.
The event is in its eighth year and is happening on the recreation ground off Longwater Lane next to the Costessey Centre on May 29.
Organised by the town council, the fete will run from noon-10pm and attracts hundreds of people.
It will feature a fete of 140 stalls showcasing local groups until 5pm.
Fairground rides will run the whole afternoon and evening.
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment throughout the day will include young dancers, singers and budding theatre performers from the Norwich area.
Evening entertainment from cover bands Dynamite and The Foolish starts at 6pm and finishes at 10pm with a fireworks display.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 5 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
Organiser Gary Blundell said: 'The fete allows people to get together. Residents look forward to it.'
To get involved call the parish council on 01603 742958.