Caister woman’s blog wins her a tour to Grand Canyon and Yosemite National Parks
- Credit: Archant
A young writer from Caister has been named the next top blogger for travellers heading to the Americas.
Abigail Lovick, who writes the blog Tuesday's Girl, has won a competition organised by TrekAmerica, a national tour operator which organises overseas adventures. And while her prize is a free place on a tour of the US Pacific Coast, and to the Grand Canyon and Yosemite National Parks, the title should also boost her blog hits.
Abigail, 22, a trainee midwife, was originally inspired to blog as a hobby and an alternative to her demanding job.
The former Flegg High School and East Norfolk Sixth Form College student said she takes inspiration from other lifestyle, fashion and beauty blogs and enjoys the online community she is now a part of.
'I love that I can get an insider's recommendation on new things through reading blogs, it's like having a huge address book full of interesting people with difference life experiences who are voicing their opinions purely for the joy of sharing,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
'It's a great way to get an honest account on new products, destinations and restaurants and I am really enjoying beginning to share my own thoughts with the readers of my blog'.
TrekAmerica's #Blog4Trek campaign and contest launched in February and called for bloggers to demonstrate their creative flare through writing and photography.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 5 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 6 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 9 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 10 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
Entrants had to submit a 300 word blog post on 'What to pack for a weekend away', demonstrate their photographic creativity by capturing their own interpretation of 'Red, white and blue' and finally, unleash their full blogging potential by creating a post that showed the panel 'Why they should be TrekAmerica's next top blogger'.
At each stage of the competition the panel members, which consisted of established bloggers Monica Stott from The Travel Hack, Victoria Magrath from In the Frow and Rosie Tapping from A Rosie Outlook, shortlisted entrants based on their creativity, originality and writing style.
Monica said they loved Abigail's ethos for life - 'if it'll make a good story, do it'!
Her trip to the US with TrekAmerica will take place later this year.
To read Abigail's blog in the run up, visit www.tuesdaysgirlblog.blogspot.co.uk.