Traffic delays on major road due to burst water main
- Credit: James Weeds
Traffic delays are continuing on Caister Road as traffic has gone down to one lane in both directions following a burst water main.
Cars are backed up to Lawn Avenue in one direction and to Caister bypass in another.
The burst water main was reported to Essex and Suffolk Water at 12.15pm today.
Police have closed one lane on both sides of Caister road.
Two Essex and Suffolk engineers were on the scene, while Norfolk constabulary monitored traffic on the other side of the road.
A spokesperson from Essex & Suffolk Water said: “We had a significant burst to one of our 24-inch water mains on Caister Road.
“Our engineers are on site and have isolated the burst.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 4 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 5 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 6 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 7 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 8 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 9 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
“We are working with the local authorities, and the police are in the area helping to manage traffic flow.
"The road is currently down to one lane in both directions.
“We would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience that may be caused as we work hard to return things back to normal.”
Follow updates on Twitter via @eswater_care.