Homes evacuated in village after man threatens criminal damage
- Credit: Mikey Claridge
Police evacuated homes in a coastal village after smelling gas in a house where a man was threatening criminal damage.
Officers were called at 1.20pm on Wednesday June 23 to reports a man was threatening to cause criminal damage at an address in St Nicholas Drive in Caister.
On arrival, officers detected a smell of gas and evacuated near-by properties as a precaution.
The man was arrested a short time later on suspicion of threatening to cause criminal damage and public order offences.
He was taken into custody.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service attended the scene and the property has been secured.
Those evacuated were allowed to return to their addresses.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash