Caister Lifeboat crew receives £1,000 donation from Broadland MG Owners’ Club
- Credit: Steve Shepher
The fundraising efforts of a group of car enthusiasts has seen a donation of £1,000 made to a local lifeboat team.
Broadland MG Owners' Club held its 28th Heritage Run event on May 1, which saw them parade a 60 mile route around Norfolk.
The run attracted more than 200 classic and sports cars, filling the car park of Caister Lifeboat Station, where it set off on its journey.
On Sunday, members from the club returned to the run's starting point to deliver a cheque for £1,000, part of the proceeds from the charity event.
Club secretary David Johnson was joined by fellow members in presenting the cheque to Caister Lifeboat chairman Paul Garrod and members of his crew.
You may also want to watch:
The run, which took the members from the station to Stody Lodge Gardens, near Holt, raised a grand total of £3,300, the remaining of which will be shared amongst other Norfolk-based charities, including Centre 81 and Guide Dogs for the Blind.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 7 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire