Caister Junior pupil Darcy Brewer and table tennis star to take part in national Butterfly Schools’ championships
- Credit: Archant
A young table tennis star is taking part in a national championship.
Darcy Brewer, 10, from Caister Junior School, is taking part in the Butterfly Schools' National Individual Table Tennis Championships.
Over 350 players representing 50 counties will gather in Wolverhampton on Saturday for the finals.
Darcy said: 'I'm a bit nervous but am excited to play in such an important event.'
Her school's headteacher Adam Riley said the school was very proud of her achievement.
You may also want to watch:
It is the largest one day table tennis event in England, schoolchildren from across the country can take part in the national finals if they qualified to play in the county rounds.
Following the championships the English Schools' Table Tennis Association will select representative teams to play in the Invitation International to be held in June.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 7 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 VIDEO: Cantwell missing as City prepare for Chelsea trip
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night