Caister cemetery thefts are confirmed by police
- Credit: Angela Barber
A cemetery has been targeted by thieves who stole plant pots and decorative items, police have confirmed.
The items were reported stolen from a number of graves in Caister cemetery during June and July.
A police spokesman said: 'I can confirm we have the following incidents reported to us regarding Caister cemetery.
'Between 17 June and 17 July two plant pots were stolen from a grave, between 8 and 16 July decorative items have been stolen from a grave and between 17 and 19 July plant pots were stolen from a grave.'
Angela Barber saw the grave of her father, John Harvey, targeted and said she was 'devastated' by what happened.
You may also want to watch:
Borough councillor Penny Carpenter was contacted by two members of the public who had noticed thefts from graves at the council-run site. She said: 'I cannot see why anyone would want to do such a thing.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 9 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 10 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot