Café to host display on Lowestoft’s fishing industry
- Credit: Nick Butcher
This summer, Access Community Trust and Sams Café are celebrating all things Lowestoft with a special fishing display.
And local residents are being asked to help recreate scenes from the famous Lowestoft fish markets ahead of the launch at the end of this month.
A spokesman from Access Community Trust said: 'Do you have any memorabilia of those heydays when Lowestoft ruled the world in fishing?
'Come along and relive those memories of days gone by. You never know, you might get to meet a couple of Scottish fisher girls and a shanty chorus.'
The display will be on show at Sams Café in Bevan Street East, Lowestoft, from Sunday, July 30 to Monday, September 4.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can help with any fish market related memorabilia is asked to drop into the café or call Lee on 07388992923. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools