Cabin on fire at Center Parcs in Elveden

Firefighters were last night (Monday) on the scene of a villa fire at a popular Suffolk resort.

Two crews from Brandon and Thetford were called to the fire at Center Parcs in Elveden at 8.30pm.

They arrived to find a fire in the bathroom of a single storey villa which appeared to have gone out, but crews entered the room using breathing apparatus and a hosereel, cutting away parts of the ceiling and using a thermal imaging camera to check for any further flames.

The blaze was brought under control and crews left the scene just before 10pm.