Cabaret-themed show planned for Norwich arts extravaganza
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A cabaret-themed showcase celebrating young Norfolk performers is planned for this year's Young Norfolk Arts Festival.
Following a fantastic run in last year's festival, city arts venue The Garage is returning to the YNAF stage with a cabaret-themed spectacle that programme and participation manager Carrie Mansfield has said will be 'vibrant, visual and fun.'
The event will bring together dance troops of varying styles as well as talented musicians and singers.
The hour-long production will feature more than 50 of Norfolk's best performers. The pieces will range from ballet to street dance and will be brought to life with vibrant costumes befitting this year's theme.
Carrie said: 'This year's festival is a really good platform and a lovely way of celebrating young people and the arts.'
You may also want to watch:
The Garage hopes to perform this showcase at Holkham Hall on June 28 and will be taking to the stage at the forum on July 5.
Four dance groups from The Garage are involved in this event and are looking for young people to get involved in their performances.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
The teams are: The Pulse Dance Company (looking for any physical performers); Full Tilt Dance Company (recruiting contemporary dancers aged 14 to 25 years old); Connect Dance Company (accepting ballet and contemporary dancers aged 16 and over), and Passion Dance Company (looking for street dancers aged 13 and over).
If you are a young dancer and want to get involved, visit www.thegarage.org.uk and or visit the dance troops' respective pages, or if you are young musicians or vocalists wishing to participate, email firstname.lastname@example.org