Byron Hamburgers Norwich: British fast food chain is under construction in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
After months of speculation we can confirm that Byron Hamburgers is oficially headed to Norwich.
The British restaurant chain is setting up shop at intu Chapelfield in the city centre and is due to open in March 2017.
Construction work has already begun on the outside unit, formerly home to shoe shops Office, which is now located inside the shopping centre, and Dune.
A licensing application was submitted on the chain's behalf to Norwich City Council earlier this year and included proposed opening times of 11am to 12.30am, seven days a week.
Paul McCarthy, general manager of intu Chapelfield, said at the time: 'Byron is a popular, family-friendly restaurant brand and we're pleased to welcome them to intu Chapelfield's vibrant dining offer – it gives customers another great reason to visit.'
Byron was founded in London in 2007 and now boasts more than 60 venues across the country.
You may also want to watch:
At the moment people in Norfolk have to travel to Bury St Edmunds for Byron's signature freshly prepared, cooked-to-order burgers.
The news comes just a few weeks after Norwich welcomed fellow burger chain Five Guys.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre