Get that festive party look for under £15
- Credit: Archant
What's a girl to do when she's spent out on presents and there's not much left in the piggy bank for a party frock..? She could always hit the charity shops.
We sent 20-year-old student Madeline Bush, from King's Lynn, out on the town with £15, to see if she could stay on trend and in-budget.
At Cancer Research UK's branch on the town's High Street, she came out with a serious party dress, sparkly top and pair of heels for exactly that. Bought new, this lttle ensemble would set you back more than £60.
'I was surprised to find something so close to Christmas in a charity shop that I'd actually wear,' she said. 'I'm definitely going to start keeping a closer eye on the 'chazzers from now on.'
Elsewhere, other shops were offering special deals on party dresses and accessories.
You may also want to watch:
Cancer Research UK manager Kerry Allen said: 'Charity shops are a great place to find outfits, especially this time of year.'
Volunteer Alec Woods added: 'It's a win, win situation, you can find a great outfit while donating to charity.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
Cameo Rose, black and beige skater dress - rrp £30, purchased for £8.
Bonmarche gold and black sparkle - top rrp £16, purchased for £3.
Atmosphere black stilettos - rrp £15, purchased for £4.