Eating this dessert will help out a Norfolk charity
- Credit: Archant
If you like a slice of cheesecake, you can support the county's young people by indulging in this.
The head chef at The Last Wine Bar in Norwich has come up with a special edition of one of his signature dishes to support Norfolk charity Nelson's Journey.
The bar's 'famous' cheesecake is going purple from June 1 for an entire month in a nod to the charity's Purple Picnic (from July 8 to 14) where people across the county are encouraged to host their own colourful events to raise money for beareaved children.
Chef Iain McCarten says £1 from the sale of each portion of cheesecake will go directly to Nelson's Journey, with the dish gaining its hue from a rich infusion of black cherries.
"We wanted to create a dish to support this great initiative," says Iain, "and what better than our signature cheesecake, a dish which has been on the menu at The Last for most of our 29 year history.
You may also want to watch:
"We are delighted to be supporting the campaign, and hope our customers will enjoy tucking into their purple pudding in the knowledge that we will be making a donation to the charity on their behalf each time they do."
Sarah Dodge, community funding and marketing officer at Nelson's Journey, adds: "I am lucky enough to have had a preview tasting of Iain's cheesecake, and can confirm it is as delicious as it is purple!
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
"We are really pleased to have such a Norwich institution as The Last supporting our Purple Picnic, and we hope that people will enjoy finishing their meals and supporting the campaign at the same time."