Buy a photo: Football fun as hundreds take part in Great Yarmouth’s Soccer on the Sands
- Credit: Matthew Usher
More than a thousand soccer mad boys and girls took part in a hugely popular festival of football on the beaches of Great Yarmouth.
The annual beach festival contest - called Soccer on the Sands - took place over the weekend, with more than a hundred teams shooting for success.
The event is the biggest of its kind in England and teams taking part range from under sevens to under thirteens.
The event has been organised by the Norfolk FA, in partnership with Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
Craig Terrington, Norfolk's football development officer for the youth game, said the weekend was a real celebration of the 'beautiful game' ahead of this summer's World Cup in Brazil.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'We have based this year's tournament on FIFA's World Cup competition, with each team participating over the course of the weekend adopting a nation that will participate in this summer's tournament in Brazil.
'To make it that extra bit special, every youngster that takes part will receive a unique 'Soccer on the Sands' T-shirt, depicting their designated country.'
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
The Eastern Daily Press, the Great Yarmouth Mercury and the Beach House Cafe have also given support in staging this year's tournament.
To order a photo from the event click here and enter 'Soccer on the sands 2014' in the search.