WATCH: Dashcam footage shows near miss between deer and two cars
- Credit: Steve Mindham
Dashcam footage has captured a dramatic near miss between two cars and a deer.
The incident was recorded on a driver's camera as he was travelling on the road from Buxton to Coltishall.
At first the video shows an empty road and later another car travelling in the opposite direction.
As the two cars are about to pass each other, a deer suddenly leaps into the road, narrowly managing to avoid not only one but both of the vehicles.
As if taking part in a dare, it slips between the cars and somehow safely makes it to the other side.
Driver Steve Mindham said: "After the deer incident we were just glad neither car had been travelling any faster."
The hair-raising close call even brought out the poet in Mr Mindham.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 5 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 6 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 7 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 8 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 9 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 10 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
“Norfolk lanes are beautiful," he said, "but you need to drive with care. As well as other vehicles, you’ll sometimes meet a deer.”