Busy end to the day for firefighters across Norfolk
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Three fire crews were called out to deal with a flat on fire in Sprowston.
Crews from Sprowston, Earlham and Carrow raced to the scene after the alarm was raised on Wednesday, around 11.40pm.
They used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire and a positive pressure fan to disperse smoke from the premises.
It was the second time firefighters had been called out to the town in one night.
Earlier in the evening, appliances from Sprowston and Carrow attended Gertrude Road to some machinery on fire. The crews used main and hose reel jets to extinguish and also cooled some cylinders that were involved.
You may also want to watch:
Around 11.20pm, firefighters from Hingham provided trauma care following a crash on the B1108 road, which links Norwich and Watton, and made the scene safe.
And, just an hour earlier, crews from Metwold and Downham Market attended to a road traffic collision on Boughton Road, Stoke Ferry.
- 1 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 6 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 10 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
And, at nearby Gaywood, around 6.55pm, an appliance from King's Lynn extinguished a fire in the open.