Buskers’ fundraiser is a hit in Cromer
- Credit: Archant
Two Cromer teenagers have set their sights on raising more than £300 for charity, by signing up for a sponsored head shave and entertaining town centre shoppers with a busking session.
Fourteen-year-old Megan Eacock decided to take part in Macmillan Cancer Support's annual Brave the Shave event in honour of her grandmother Brenda, who died from liver cancer last year.
And when her fellow Cromer Academy student Fred Cooper, also 14, heard about her challenge, he offered to use his musical talents to help.
Fred, whose dad Jon is a music teacher at Sheringham Primary School, is an accomplished classical guitarist, so he came up with the idea of busking in the town centre.
'When Megan told me what she was doing, I thought it would be a good way of raising some extra money,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
Megan, who last year raised £180 by taking part in the 5km Colour Run in aid of Cancer Research UK, will be having her hair shorn three days after Christmas.
She has already raised £220, including £102 donated by shoppers during Fred's busking session last week.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
'Macmillan really helped my grandma and granddad when she wasn't well,' Megan said. 'I wanted to support them because I have actually seen what a difference the work they do makes.'
To make a donation to Megan's Brave the Shave challenge, visit bravetheshave.org.uk/shavers/megan-eacock