Buskers and street entertainers needed to boost Cromer Christmas lights event
Buskers and street entertainers are needed to boost Cromer's Christmas lights celebrations.
The finishing touches are being put to the event on Friday December 2 and Saturday December 3 - a two-day event that, for the first time, includes a Christmas market.
The organisers - including the town council, chamber of trade and Cromer Christmas Lights group - are offering free pitches to the entertainers from 2pm on the Friday and all day Saturday.
There have been 23 expressions of interest to have an outdoor stall, including seven from town traders, while there will be charity stalls inside Cromer Parish Church.
The Christmas lights will be switched on at 6.45pm on December 2, after entertainment from the Cromer Junior School choir and the Salvation Army band. Prizes for the best children's poster and best dressed window will be handed out.
You may also want to watch:
? To take up a busking pitch, call the town council on 01263 512254.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 9 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 10 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named