Businesses get the chance to make Portuguese contacts at Thetford exhibition
- Credit: Dominic Bareham
A taste of Portuguese food and wine was available to visitors to a special trade fair to encourage small businesses and consumers to build new contacts in the southern European country.
The Portuguese Offer, which took place at the Charles Burrell Centre in Thetford on Saturday, provided people with the chance to meet, sample and buy products directly from Portuguese producers.
Produce on offer included wines, liqueurs, port, fortified wines, chorizo, fish, other seafoods, coffee, granites and marbles.
There were also handicrafts, textiles, art and design and real estate businesses on show.
Joao Noronha, director of the Portuguese Offer, helped to organise the exhibition, which showcased 31 businesses including international transport firms to help with the transportation of goods.
You may also want to watch:
He said many small businesses struggled to compete with big chains which bought goods from southern European countries, such as Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece and then sold them cheaply.
The aim of the Portuguese Offer, he added, was to enable small businesses to buy directly at producer's prices and import as many goods as they wished.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
He added: 'We are trying to help the small businesses to work with producers in Portugal and also to show that we are here to work with the English people.'
Although the Portuguese Offer is Thetford-based, trade fairs have been held across the country, including in London, Birmingham and Bournemouth.
What do you like about Portugal? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.