Does your job give you a good work-life balance?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Energy companies, the Environment Agency and the Bank of England have been named among the best for offering staff a decent work-life balance.
Northern Gas and Power, an energy management consultancy, was the highest rated firm, according to comments from employees.
Other companies and organisations to win praise in the research by jobs site Glassdoor were Love Energy Savings, Chess ICT, Skyscanner, Equal Experts, RHP and Capital One.
Glassdoor said almost half of adults cited a work-life balance as a major factor in searching for a job.
The firm's managing director John Lamphiere said: 'While tech companies get a lot of attention for offering amazing perks and handsome salaries, these results indicate that it's the non-tech businesses which provide UK employees with the best levels of work-life balance.
You may also want to watch:
'If you want to attract quality talent you need to be able to provide flexible working conditions and have a management team open to the idea of their employees working from home.
'We know that a good work-life balance is important to UK jobseekers, so being a workplace where it's valued can be a serious recruiting advantage.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault