Woman sleeps in her North Walsham factory after Travellers move next door
A businesswoman says she is sleeping in her factory to protect her property after travellers moved on to neighbouring land.
Jane Simpson, 56, a director of PG Products on Lyngate Industrial Estate in North Walsham, revealed she feels trapped after the unwanted visitors turned up on Friday afternoon and set up camp on the site.
However, despite a visit from police and council officials, who offered them an alternative site, the company director claimed they seemed powerless to help.
Around half a dozen caravans are currently parked on the industrial estate but the travellers have told a neighbouring business they plan to stay until Wednesday.
One worker said: 'They're not causing us any bother. They are where they are and we are where we are and they've said they will be gone by Wednesday. The more fuss that is made of them the worse it will be.'
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Simpson, whose Folgate Road firm designs and manufactures specialist protective equipment for marine and law enforcement use, said: 'It has been terrifying because every time I went out to see the police they (travellers) would start jeering at me. I'm not leaving here until they are gone.'
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 3 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 4 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 7 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
- 8 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 9 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
- 10 Bleach thrown at woman from passing car