Paints company passes £75,000 fundraising landmark with charity dinner-dance
- Credit: Archant
The proceeds from a charity dinner dance at Witham Paint have taken the company's running fundraising total for good causes beyond the £75,000 mark.
The £4,255 collected by the oil and paint company will be split between six charities chosen by its employees in Lowestoft, Soham and Lincoln.
They are Arthritis Research UK, British Heart Foundation, Brain Tumour Research, Guide Dogs for the Blind, Leukaemia UK, Lincoln 27th Scout Group.
The company has been hosting its annual dinner dance since January 1993 and also runs an auction and a raffle.
Nigel Bottom, Witham Group managing director, said the company was proud.
You may also want to watch:
'Our teams, customers and suppliers have done a tremendous job and have been very generous raising thousands of pounds that will improve the lives of people across the UK,' he added.
Has your business been raising money for charity? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 8 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary