Wisbech engineering group goes into administration, threatening 124 jobs
- Credit: Ian Burt
Administrators have been appointed to two businesses in an engineering group in Wisbech, putting about 124 jobs at risk.
Deloitte has been called in at RJ Herbert Group Ltd and RJ Herbert Engineering Ltd, but no redundancies have been announced.
RJ Herbert Group is a holding company and owns the freehold properties leased to the engineering company and RJ Herbert Systems - which remains outside of administration.
RJ Herbert Engineering Ltd provides handling equipment to farmers and growers, fresh packers and processors.
Joint administrator Chris Farrington said: 'Due to difficult market conditions in the agricultural sector, two companies have been placed into administration. We are looking for a buyer for the business and expect to trade RJ Herbert Engineering for a short period.'
You may also want to watch:
'Their customers are the largest food processing and packaging companies globally.'
The combined group turnover for the year to March 2016 was £11.3m.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'