Norfolk vodka maker getting a taste for the gin market
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A Norfolk vodka maker is testing the limits of its spirit with a new product.
Founding Drinks, the company behind Wild Knight vodka, has added a gin to its range.
Named Boadicea, it uses the company's vodka – made with Norfolk grain – as its base spirit and includes botanicals such as orange, thyme and nettle.
The Beachamwell-based producer, run by husband-and-wife team Matt and Steph Brown, launched the product to the public at the Royal Norfolk Show.
Mr Brown said: 'All we really had to do was make a recipe that worked with our vodka.
You may also want to watch:
'The thing that slowed us down is that there are a lot of gins in the market already, but gin is so popular and we got asked for it so we thought we would try and see what the market thinks and so far it is very accepting.'
Boadicea is available in stockists such as Jarrold in Norwich and Bakers and Larners in Holt.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 6 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 7 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk