Who will turn on Holt’s Christmas lights this year?
The latest plans to turn a popular shopping mecca in north Norfolk into a winter wonderland have been annouced.
Councillors from Holt Town Council heard at Monday night's meeting that the official Christmas lights switch on would take place on Wednesday, November 21.
Duncan Baker told council members that the lights would then remain on throughout December.
It is hoped that Olympic torchbearer Harry Heathfield will switch on the lights.
The 21 year old from Holt, carried the flame through Cromer on July 4 as part of the London 2012 celebrations.
Mr Heathfield was nominated for the task for his work as a volunteer first responder for the East of England Ambulance Service, which sees him helping people with medical emergencies.
His dream is to one day become a pilot to deliver supplies to those in need in poorer countries or disaster situations.
- 1 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 3 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 4 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 5 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 6 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 7 Fire crews called to vehicle blaze on A47
- 8 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 10 See inside 'characterful' townhouse with rural views on sale for £550k
And with plenty of plans still to be confirmed Holt Town Council are also appealing for volunteers to help on the night with manning road closures and walking around the town with donation buckets.
There are also plans to hold a Christmas baubles trail for visitors and residents. The puzzle would take people around the town in search of different letters placed on the baubles to make a festive word.
Businesses are asked to get in touch with the town council if they are interested in displaying any of the baubles in their shop.
Councillors are also urging anyone interested in becoming a town crier for the event to come forward.
- If you would like to help with the event ring town clerk Di Dann on 01263 712149