What’s on at the Grand Ring at the Royal Norfolk Show?
- Credit: Archant
At the heart of the Royal Norfolk Show lies the Grand Ring – a hub of spectacular displays and performances for crowds to enjoy.
Each year, the ring stages acts from all over the country and this year's line-up is not to be missed. Here are some of the things you can expect:
• RAF Falcons Parachute Display Team
Back by popular demand the Falcons will be returning to this year's show with a magnificent display. Widely recognised as the UK's premier military parachute display team, the Falcons will be dropping in on both days (weather permitting) to wow the crowds.
• The Queen's Colour Squadron
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 8 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK
The RAF's ceremonial display unit, the Queen's Colour Squadron hasn't been seen at the Royal Norfolk Show since 1987.
This year, spectators at the Grand Ring will be able to enjoy the squadron delivering a selection of drills and displays in true military fashion.
• RAF flypasts and the band of the RAF College
This year's show has strong military influences with both an RAF flypast in recognition of Marham's centenary and performances from the RAF College band.
The band has previously performed at the Edinburgh Tattoo as well as Battle of Britain ceremonies and played a pivotal role in the 70th anniversary celebration of the Dambusters Raid in May 2013 which was featured live on BBC television.
• Bolddog Lings – motorcycle display team
A breath-taking performance of stunts and aerobatic displays by the UK's number one motorcycle display team.
Expect jumps, tricks and somersaults as the riders fly through the air at great speed and height. The display features the UK's top ranked freestyle motocross riders and there will be commentary on the action throughout.
• Horses galore
Across the two-day show you can expect to see a variety of professional horse riding and qualifying events.
In the Grand Ring visitors will be able to see showjumping, scurry driving, heavy horses and more.
Real Horse Power will also be in the ring demonstrating the role of horses in agricultural production in our country throughout the ages.
Ring spectators will see ploughs, drills, carts and wagons alongside 36 heavy horses.
• Also in the Grand Ring
The Sunset Ceremony on Thursday, June 30, will include a tribute to Norfolk's Service personnel in celebration of Armed Forces Day 2016 and both Sunset Ceremonies on June 29 and 30 will be marking the Queen's 90th birthday.