Butchers famed for 'delicious' hot baguettes set to close
- Credit: Denise Bradley
A butchers famed across Norfolk for its superb range of meat and delicious baguettes is set to close.
Steven Smith Quality Meats will trade for the last time on Watton High Street this Saturday, July 10.
The family-run business is considered by many to be a Watton institution, having been in the centre of town for several decades.
But Mr Smith has opted to hang up his apron and enjoy a well-earned retirement, signalling the firm's closure.
The news will come as a disappoint to hundreds of customers, some of whom were seen queuing along the High Street at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
For years, people have flocked from miles around on Saturdays and during their lunch breaks for a taste of their mouthwatering hot baguettes.
Many regulars have taken to social media, saying the "delicious" food would be "sadly missed".
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 5 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 6 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Get used to phone appointments or the NHS collapses - GP tells patients
It leaves the town with just one remaining butchers, Watton Traditional Butchers, run by Michael Brooks just a few doors down the road.