Visitors fill the aisles at EDP Wedding Show in Norwich
Prospective brides and grooms crammed the aisles to browse all the traditional luxuries for their perfect day at the second EDP Wedding Show in the Assembly House today. (Sunday)
The historic Norwich venue on Theatre Street was bedecked with displays by dressmakers, photographers, caterers, chauffeurs and entertainers, including live performances from a harp and flute duo and a soul singer.
Show manager Paula Chambers said the event had drawn 400 visitors in the first two hours: 'It has been absolutely brilliant,' she said. 'The music has made it very special this year, and it is creating a wonderful atmosphere for the customers. They have just loved it'
Among the 30 exhibitors hoping to entice the happy couples were Lisa Foster, who runs a couture chair covers showroom outside Holt.
'It has been a great show,' she said. 'We have had some confirmed orders already and a lot of 'nibbling'.
You may also want to watch:
'People who might not have even thought of covering their chairs are now considering it and have made appointments to see us.'
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 3 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 6 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 9 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 10 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers