New Visitor Information Centre opens in Wells Maltings complex
- Credit: Sarah Toon Photography
A new Visitor Information Centre has opened up in the Wells Maltings building.
The Visitor Information Centre was previously known as the Tourist Information Centre and was operating out of a temporary location on Freeman Street.
However their new site opened to the public on Friday and will be open between 10am and 5pm throughout the summer.
The new Visitor Information Centre will also serve as the box office for events at Wells Maltings and tickets for Wells Carnival, which begins on Friday July 27, can also be bought from there.
The £5 million Maltings will open officially in September and hopes to serve as a new community hub for theatre, film, heritage and art in North Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
The building is a former 19th century malt house on Staithe Street, which has been greatly extended and refurbished over the past two years to create a new community hub.
Several events will take place at the venue before its official launch in September. For more information visit www.wellsmaltings.org.uk.
- 1 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 4 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 5 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 6 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 7 Cottage project that is a 'step back in time' coming under hammer
- 8 Revealed: Adult vaccination rates are lower in some areas of Norfolk
- 9 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 10 Restaurants and pubs reopening outdoors in April