Norfolk and Suffolk hit by Visa payments failure
- Credit: PA
People across Norfolk and Suffolk have been left unable to pay using their Visa cards as payments are failing across the UK and Europe.
The company said it is working towards resolving the problem.
Visa users have taken to social media to complain, and it is understood the Bank of England is aware of the issue and is in touch with Visa.
A Visa spokesman said: 'Visa is currently experiencing a service disruption.
'This incident is preventing some Visa transactions in Europe from being processed.
You may also want to watch:
'We are investigating the cause and working as quickly as possible to resolve the situation.'
HSBC's UK Twitter account replied to a customer query on Twitter: 'We believe there may have recently been issues with Visa's payments processing.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 10 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
'From what we understand there are still intermittent issues but services are slowly recovering.'