Utilities firm wins Betfred contract
- Credit: Supplied
Anglian Water Business has struck lucky after securing a contract with Betfred.
The new contract, which will cover 1,600 sites, comes after the £14bn bookmaker decided to consolidate its water and wastewater contracts in England.
Water efficiencies have already saved the company £120,000 and it hopes the three-year, UK-wide contract will enable it to build on these gains.
The deal was made possible by the deregulation of the English water market in April.
Len Hodges from Betfred said: 'We've been impressed with the way that Anglian Water Business has managed our accounts in Scotland and the Anglian region, reducing our costs by improving efficiency.
You may also want to watch:
'The company's Active Water Management service has helped us make savings through water efficiency measures so it was the natural choice when we decided to consolidate all our water contracts in England.'
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk