Two Norfolk fish and chip shops named among best in country
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Two Norfolk eateries have been shortlisted in the fight to be named the best fish and chip shop in the country.
Eastern England's best fish and chip shops have been revealed today (August 6) and two from Wells-next-the-Sea are up for the flagship Fish and Chip Shop of the Year Award.
French's Fish Shop and Plattens Fish and Chips have both been shortlisted for the award, organised by Seafish, the public body that supports the £10bn UK seafood industry.
Marcus Coleman, chief executive officer at Seafish, said: "Every summer we look forward to starting our search for the UK's best fish and chip shop and this award showcases the best in the business.
"Shops have been entering the competition since May and these top 60 takeaways have demonstrated real commitment to quality in all areas and worked tirelessly to earn their place on this list. I would recommend a visit to them all.
"There's a diverse wealth of talent to be seen across the top 60, and we wish them all the best in the next round as we know each one of them gives it everything they have."
The National Fish & Chip Awards recognise outstanding businesses across the country that are not just serving fish and chips but also providing excellent customer service.
- 1 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off
- 2 Norfolk fish and chip shop named one of the 10 best in the UK
- 3 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 4 5 famous faces who were born in King's Lynn
- 5 Teenager died after choking on own vomit
- 6 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 7 Rare insect spotted in Norfolk for first time in nearly 100 years
- 8 Police break up rave at country park
- 9 New parking fees in tourism hotspots could tackle £60m budget black hole
- 10 Woman’s death prompts ‘significant dangers’ warning over A11 cycle races
There are a number of rigorous judging stages to be named the best fish and chip shop in the UK including mystery shopping visits, full business performance audits of premises followed by presentations to an industry judging panel.
The winner of the Fish and Chip Shop of the Year Award will be announced at The National Fish & Chip Awards' 32nd anniversary ceremony in London on January 23, 2020.
The full shortlist can be found at: www.fishisthedish.co.uk/win/national-fish-chip-awards.