Bakery and restaurant to open in former Betty's of Holt site
- Credit: Casey Cooper-Fiske
A new bakery and restaurant is set to open in a former site of Betty's of Holt.
Two Magpies Bakery will open at 27-31 Holt High Street and will operate as a cafe, restaurant and bakery, once planning permission is approved.
The bakery runs stores in Norwich, Aldborough, Southwold and Darsham.
The Grade II listed building has been empty since May 2019, when Bakers and Larners closed its Betty's of Holt business.
The new bakery will open from Monday to Sunday from 8am to 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
New owners plan to paint the shopfront blue and install a dome pizza oven.
One public comment on the application raised concerns over the growing number of cafes in Holt.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 7 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 8 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich
It read: "We have lost a dry cleaners, an automatic laundry and lack the competition of an alternative supermarket in Holt.
"Surely we do not need another coffee shop."
No other comments were received from the public.
Two Magpies Bakery has been contacted for comment.