Two Boots stores set to close in town
- Credit: Archant
Two Boots chemists are to close in a coastal town in the coming months.
The company have confirmed the chemists on St Peter’s Street and Meadow Road, in Lowestoft, will close by the end of August.
The London Road North store, however, will not be affected by the closures.
A spokesperson for the company said: “At Boots UK, we continually review our store locations to make sure they are where our customers need us most.
“With this in mind, we can confirm we are closing the Boots Chemist on St Peter’s Street and Meadow Road in Lowestoft towards the end of August.
You may also want to watch:
“Our site on London Road North will remain open and is around a five-minute drive away from the St Peter’s Store.
“All of our affected colleagues have been informed and will be offered jobs within Boots stores.”
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 3 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 4 Injured man found on Norfolk beach could be linked to woman's death
- 5 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Tributes to 'well-known, well-liked, well-respected' King's Lynn fan
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 10 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut