Traffic delays as thousands make their way to the Royal Norfolk Show
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to the Royal Norfolk Show faced delays of up to 30 minutes on the A47 this morning.
Thousands of people made their way to the showground for the opening day of the agricultural festival.
Temperatures are expected to reach 29C and visitors have been advised to drink plenty of fluid and top up on sunscreen.
Meanwhile, people bringing pets have been asked to ensure they are not left inside vehicles.
Norfolk Police has warned that officers will not hesitate to smash a car window if an animal is spotted trapped inside.
You may also want to watch:
The line up for today includes the unveiling of Norwich City's new kit at the Jarrold catwalk from 10am.
And in the grand ring, the RAF Falcons parachute display team begins at 10.30am the Band of the Queen's Division starts its performance at 10.45am.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 3 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 4 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 5 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 6 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 8 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Administrators appointed at AF Biomass
The Household Cavalry Musical Ride is at 12.15pm.
•Follow the latest from the Show today in our live blog