Traffic delays as thousands make their way to the Royal Norfolk Show
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to the Royal Norfolk Show faced delays of up to 30 minutes on the A47 this morning.
Thousands of people made their way to the showground for the opening day of the agricultural festival.
Temperatures are expected to reach 29C and visitors have been advised to drink plenty of fluid and top up on sunscreen.
Meanwhile, people bringing pets have been asked to ensure they are not left inside vehicles.
Norfolk Police has warned that officers will not hesitate to smash a car window if an animal is spotted trapped inside.
The line up for today includes the unveiling of Norwich City's new kit at the Jarrold catwalk from 10am.
And in the grand ring, the RAF Falcons parachute display team begins at 10.30am the Band of the Queen's Division starts its performance at 10.45am.
- 1 'Emotional experience' as couple reopen swimming pool to the public
- 2 Seaside Victorian B&B for sale near 'best beach in the east'
- 3 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 4 Yobs pictured climbing on vandalised charity dinosaur
- 5 The days you can visit Wroxham Barns for a fiver this month
- 6 'Unusual' cottage for sale in one of Norfolk's smuggling villages
- 7 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
- 8 WATCH: Car becomes engulfed in flames at side of Norfolk road
- 9 Road had cats' eyes removed months before fatal night-time crash
- 10 How to get a free pint in Norfolk just by having one of these 23 surnames
The Household Cavalry Musical Ride is at 12.15pm.
•Follow the latest from the Show today in our live blog