Some of the unique Norfolk spots for a getaway we can look forward to
- Credit: Airbnb
Dreaming of an escape when it's safe to do so?
Currently, holidays aren't allowed in Norfolk under the Tier 4 guidelines, with people only allowed to travel in and out of the zones in a handful of exceptions. Even those under Tier 3 rules are advised not to travel or have overnight stays.
But we all need something to look forward to - and the thought of a break in a few months' time might be just that.
Here are just a handful of the Airbnb getaways you could enjoy on our doorstep.
The Signal Box, Melton Constable: This converted Edwardian signal box has 'upside down' accommodation with an open-plan living space on the upper floor to take full advantage of the wonderful rural views. Downstairs is a double bedroom with an en-suite shower room.
You may also want to watch:
Falconer's Lodge, Thetford Forest: This mini castle was built in the grounds of Didlington Hall, which was demolished after the war. It now offers a living room, kitchen/dining room and three bedrooms over two floors.
The Buttery, Honingham: This octagonal brick and flint thatched Victorian cottage was originally the dairy hut for the Berry Hall country estate. It has ladder-style stairs to a bedroom set in the eaves.
- 1 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
The Railway Carriage, near Melton Constable: Set in a large south facing paddock backed by woodland, the accommodation is made up of a period train carriage and adjoining guard's van.
The Glamping Tent, Tunstead: For those looking to get slightly more back to basics, this offers one double bed, an indoor fireplace, heating and Wifi.