Why this bungalow for sale was the most viewed home in Norfolk – and you’ll be surprised
The most viewed home for sale online over the past month was this four bedroom bungalow with a big surprise in store for buyers.
The bungalow in St William's Way, Thorpe St Andrew, for sale for £425,000, might look like a standard home from the front but at the back it looks very different to what you might expect.
That's because it's been hugely extended with bi-folding doors opening across the entire width of the property.
As the seller shows, the space is big enough for a massive billiards table.
The property tops the list of the 10 houses people searched for most on Zoopla, which powers Homes24.
- 1 Murder jury hears how 'angry' father ran over teenage daughter
- 2 Most desirable places to live in Norfolk according to estate agents
- 3 Festival-goers 'in the dark' over refunds following cancellation
- 4 Person injured and road blocked after north Norfolk crash
- 5 Revealed: The most isolated neighbourhoods in Norfolk
- 6 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 7 New sites for gypsies and travellers proposed in Norwich area
- 8 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 9 Screams of daughter run over by her dad heard by murder jury
- 10 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
It comes as the housing market is said to be enjoying a 'post-election bounce' with the average price for property in Norfolk being £268,196 in January 2020; a fall of 0.38% in the last three months but a rise of 1.2% since 12 months ago.
Flats in Norfolk sold for an average of £155,811 and terraced houses for £198,404.
Meanwhile, Rightmove showed prices increasing nationally by as much as 2.3% (adding £6,785 to the value of your home) which is the largest monthly rise it's recorded at this time of year.
It also recorded 1.3m buyer enquiries since the election, up 15% compared to same period a year ago and a 7.4% growth in the number of sales agreed, as early birds act quickly.
Here's the top most searched homes for sale on Zoopla over the past 30 days after St William's Way:
Hunter Road; a three bedroom semi for £180,000
Yaxley Way, a two bedroom bungalow for £120,000
Sunnymeade guesthouse, Buxton, with 24 bedrooms for sale for £700,000
The Glebe, Hemsby, a two bedroom bungalow for £50,000
Jex Road, a three bedroom terrace for £150,000
The Marrams, Hemsby; a two bedroom bungalow for £40,000
Stacy Road, a three bedroom terrace for offers over £190,000
Bridge Road, Yarmouth; a three bedroom terrace for £80,000
Ampthill Street; a three bedroom terrace for £325,000