Staff member at city centre DIY shop tests positive for coronavirus
- Credit: Archant © 2009
A DIY shop in Norwich has been forced to temporarily close after a member of staff tested positive for coronavirus.
In an announcement on Facebook, Thorns, on Exchange Street, said the store would be shut from Monday (November 16) after a worker contracted Covid-19.
The post said the staff member worked in the office, and not on the shop floor, but as a precaution tests were being arranged for the team and the store was being deep-cleaned.
As a result, it warned customers that online orders will be temporarily delayed - although those affected will be contacted.
The post said: “A member of our staff has tested positive for coronavirus. They do not work on our shop floor but in our office, [and] as a precaution we would like to get our staff tested and our entire store deep cleaned.
You may also want to watch:
“This means that from this evening our store is temporarily closed. We are hoping to closure of the store will be for a limited time but I’m sure you can appreciate the safety or our staff and customers is paramount.
“Therefore this means online orders will be temporarily delayed, and these customers will be contacted.
- 1 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 2 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 3 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 4 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 7 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries
- 8 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 9 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 10 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
“Please keep watching our social media pages for updates.
“Thank you, The Thorns DIY Team.”
A spokesperson for Thorns said they did not want to comment further.