Thetford jobs boost to be hailed by Prime Minister David Cameron
- Credit: Archant
Jobs created by a Norfolk engineering firm were due to be welcomed today by David Cameron as he says Britain is a 'nation of geniuses' which can be turned into the most creative country on earth.
The Prime Minister is expected to welcome job announcements around the country, Multimatic creating 232 retail and developments jobs in Coventry and Thetford.
Multimatic has its European Technical Centre based in the Breckland town, with further offices based internationally.
It is unclear how many jobs will be created at the Thetford site by the company, which supplies components, systems, and services to the automotive industry.
Mr Cameron is visiting Liverpool to open the International Festival of Business today, as he attempts to outline how the Government aims to drum up trade from around the globe.
You may also want to watch:
The PM is expected to tell an audience of 250 company chief executives in Liverpool: 'One of the things I love about Britain is that we are a nation of geniuses.
'There's nothing more important in my long-term economic plan for Britain than making this the most creative country on earth - at the forefront of the latest industry, making things and selling them to the world.'
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 6 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 7 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 8 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 9 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 10 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case