These are the companies offering the highest salaries in the UK
- Credit: PA
Finance and tech firms dominate a list of the highest paying companies in the UK, offering median salaries of between £80,000 and £110,000 a year, a study shows.
US cloud computing company Salesforce were found to be the best payers (£110,000), followed by Facebook (£95,600), consultants McKinsey (£92,800), Deutsche Bank (£90,000) and software firm SAP (£90,000).
Jobs site Glassdoor said its annual salary report found that most of the top payers had their global headquarters outside the UK.
Dr Andrew Chamberlain of Glassdoor said: 'The big guns in tech and finance still dominate when it comes to large salaries in the UK.
'Bankers tend to get pretty hefty bonuses, since successful traders can bring huge company returns, and tech salaries tend to be high because of a shortage in specialist skills such as data science and software engineering.'
You may also want to watch:
Other firms in the top 10 were the Royal Bank of Canada (£85,000), Macquarie Group (£83,000), Microsoft (£81,010), Nomura International (£80,000) and Credit Suisse (£80,000).
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR