You can cuddle puppies while getting pampered at this Norwich salon
- Credit: stone
A Norfolk hairdresser is bringing joy to the people of Norwich through hair styling and puppies.
After discovering a cat cafe, where people could cuddle cats while sipping cappuccinos, Lauren Barratt from Brooke was inspired to start her own animal-related business.
Instead of a cat-themed venture, the 38-year-old decided to bring her dogs to work and launched a puppy salon on Wensum Street in Norwich.
Stone Hairdressing opened in 2016 and is a hit with customers who can't get enough of Mrs Barratt's adorable Poochon puppies, Henry and Bertie.
'I love my job and I love my dogs but if I didn't bring them to work, I wouldn't be able to have them,' said Mrs Barratt.
You may also want to watch:
'They're Poochons, which is a cross between a Bichon Frise and a Miniature Poodle. They're great because they barely shed and are hypoallergenic.
'In the salon they have their own area, it's very cosy, filled with toys, but also hidden enough that they can snooze.'
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
She added: 'It's a total joy to have them at work, and not just for me - they sit in the window and passers by smile, tap the glass and come in to met them. They're so gentle and playful, it's great for them too.'