Pub starts mid-week street food takeovers after being 'rushed off our feet'
- Credit: Daniella Self
Street food vendors will be setting up camp in a west Norfolk pub twice a week in a series of kitchen takeovers.
The Ffolkes pub in Hillington will be hosting street food traders every Monday and Tuesday after the success of its Street Feast events, which run every Friday and Saturday and have been extended throughout 2021.
Every month there will be new eateries in the kitchen, and in July The Cabin, Burgersmith, The Ffolkes and Globe Trotters will be involved.
Tom Oakley, its general manager, said: “We’ve been rushed off our feet since reopening - the Norfolk food scene is thriving with lots of talented chefs and our pub has been buzzing with our street food menu.
“It’s great to be able to offer our customers more choice of food throughout the week and to welcome some inspiring chefs into our kitchen - a big food service shake-up is always exciting."
The Ffolkes pub will serve its traditional pub menu on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 4 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash