Independent music venue closes in Norwich city centre
- Credit: Archant
An independent music venue in the heart of Norwich has closed due to 'unforeseen circumstances'.
The Blueberry Music House in Cowgate has closed, with its future events rescheduled for other venues.
A note on the door of the now boarded-up venue says: "Sorry, closed due to unforeseen circumstances."
MORE: Riverside braces itself as key tenants face closureThe venue caused a stir earlier in the year when it said that all music events were cancelled.
However just a day later they confirmed that the events were back on "after a lot of emails backwards and forwards we have come to an arrangement with the building owner and our music bookings".
In February the venue also said it was working hard to keep going, and had introduced new staff to make sure service improved.
You may also want to watch:
It added on facebook: "As the old adage says, 'it takes years to get a good rep and one night to lose it'".
They added that it was a "daily struggle" to keep an independent venue going.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021
- 8 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham