Taylor Swift has had two Norwich taxis wrapped for the Big Weekend - and could pay for the fares
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
While most people are walking or catching a bus or train to the Big Weekend, for some lucky Taylor Swift fans, their ride will be paid for by the star.
The Grammy Award-winner has struck up a deal with Courtesy Taxis in Norwich, and two of the company's yellow mini-buses have been wrapped in branding from her album, 1989.
Festivalgoers who book a taxi from Courtesy on Sunday could be lucky enough to be picked up by the special vans, and if they agree to be filmed, may have their taxi for free.
For Courtesy managing director Mark Streeter, who runs the Prince of Wales Road-based company, the Big Weekend has brought with it a boost in business, with the BBC booking 170 taxis in four days for the Radio 1 Academy last week.
But when the call came in from Swift's management with a request to feature her on the taxis, he could not believe his luck.
'The call came in on April 1 so I thought it was a windup,' said Mr Streeter, 47. 'I thought it was fantastic. What an opportunity, to be associated with the world's biggest star.
'It's the biggest thing that has ever happened in Norwich city centre.'
- 1 Norfolk fish and chip shop named one of the 10 best in the UK
- 2 Café serving produce fresh from its farm opens in north Norfolk
- 3 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 4 Banksy mural created to spark debate after town's artwork was sold
- 5 Woman accused of exposing herself to boy outside Lowestoft park
- 6 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in crash with 4x4 outside village pub
- 7 Some firefighters using foodbanks amid £18m payroll system 'farce'
- 8 Teenager died after choking on own vomit
- 9 Council refusing special school place for disabled girl
- 10 Police break up rave at country park
For dedicated Swift fans who agree to be filmed, the driver will decide if the fare will be free. Footage from the Go-Pro cameras will be sent to Swift's management.
The drivers will be wearing branded T-shirts, and the star's music will fill the taxi on the drive.
Mr Streeter, a father of three, added: 'People will be filmed as they are travelling Earlham Park, hopefully talking about Taylor Swift.
'If the driver thinks they are ticking all the boxes then Taylor will pay for their taxi.'
For a chance to catch a lift in one of the Taylor Swift branded taxis, book with Courtesy by calling 01603 446644.