Sweet taste of success as Masterchef finalist expands his patisserie business
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk entrepreneur has plans to treat the nation as his patisserie business expands from a crowded kitchen in Norfolk to a Norwich-based industrial space.
The investment by Masterchef winner Tim Kinnaird in new premises is already paying dividends as a big new customer looks set to close a deal with the sweet treats business.
Former GP Mr Kinnaird said the new unit at Hellesdon Industrial Estate will allow Macarons & More to cater for larger-scale celebrations like weddings and increase supply outside of East Anglia.
He said: 'We have really been struggling for space as we've become busier and busier. There are four or five staff in the kitchen now starting to get in each other's way!
'We're in an advanced stage of negotiation with a big customer, and we wouldn't have been able to say yes them if we didn't have this new space.'
The 3,400 sq ft space will include kitchens and a customer reception and is set to increase deliveries from current numbers of 600 - 1,300 macaron boxes a day to around 5000 a day.
Mr Kinnaird's £70,000 total investment was negotiated by letting agents Brown and Co on behalf of property owners Rockspring
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 5 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 6 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 7 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 8 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 9 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
- 10 Norfolk's landmark vote to curb second homes
Nick Dunn, divisional partner at Brown and Co, said: 'This is undoubtedly one of the premier industrial locations in Norwich. This latest letting is great news for the estate, and great for Tim's business expansion.'
Do you have a business story? Contact business writer Jessica Staufenberg@archant.co.uk