Sunday roasts at three Norfolk pubs named among best in UK
- Credit: Archant
Sunday roast dinners served at three pubs in Norfolk have been named among the best in the country by an international travel publisher.
The Duck Inn in Stanhoe, The Gunton Arms in Thorpe Market and the Anchor Inn in Morston all made Big 7 Travel's list of 'The 50 Best Sunday Roasts In The UK'.
The Duck Inn in west Norfolk made the top 10, coming in eighth, and the travel website said the pub manages "to elevate a meal that is so common and standard around the country to something that is other worldly".
MORE: The best places to eat in East Anglia - according to chefsRanking the Anchor Inn 28th overall, the Big 7 Travel said the pub's Sunday roast contained "big, bold and honest flavours that will leave you feeling totally satisfied especially when washed down with a smooth glass of red wine".
The Gunton Arms was 36th on the list and was praised for having "droolworthy crackling and crispy spuds".
Big 7 Travel, which is based in Dubai, publishes content on "inspirational travel, food and hotels from around the world". It has hundreds of thousands of followers on social media and earlier this year named the burgers at Gonzo's Tea Room in Norwich as some of the best in England.
- Where is your favourite place to go for a roast dinner in Norfolk? Let us know in the comments.
- 1 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off
- 2 Rare insect spotted in Norfolk for first time in nearly 100 years
- 3 Norwich street named one of the most beautiful in the world
- 4 Seven people arrested after 50 vehicles stopped by police at Thickthorn
- 5 5 famous faces who were born in King's Lynn
- 6 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 7 Norfolk start-up taking on retail giant Amazon
- 8 Enjoy afternoon tea onboard a steam train in Norfolk this summer
- 9 Woman’s death prompts ‘significant dangers’ warning over A11 cycle races
- 10 Norfolk fish and chip shop named one of the 10 best in the UK