Suffolk brewery spreading love around the world on Valentine’s Day with personalised ale
- Credit: St Peter's Brewery
They say love can start with something as small as a look, but for one couple it was a Suffolk ale which forged their bond.
Now they are calling on the brewery which started it all to make their Valentine's Day even more special – by shipping a personalised beer to them in Mexico.
Celeste Rosas contacted St Peter's Brewery to explain how she and her girlfriend of almost a year, Erika, had found each other because of its Honey Porter.
In a letter to the Bungay brewer she explained they were both drinking a pint of the ale when they met and it had sparked their first conversation.
With their first anniversary approaching, Celeste said she was 'thinking of doing something really special for Erika' and asked the brewery if it could create a special edition of the Honey Porter, personalised with her name and the date of their anniversary.
St Peter's got in touch with its label producer, Anglia Labels, asking it to make 12 labels for a case of Honey Porter to be sent to Celeste in Mexico.
Steve Magnall, St Peter's Brewery CEO, said: 'It's so nice to receive letters from our customers.
- 1 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 2 Screams of daughter run over by her dad heard by murder jury
- 3 Primary school left without governors after mass walkout
- 4 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 5 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 6 Couple who transformed old mill into unique new home put it up for sale
- 7 Plans for 13 new homes near historic former railway line
- 8 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 9 John Bailey: Lord Botham, our cricketing angler/conservationist
- 10 New headteacher appointed at village high school
'We pride ourselves on making beers that create a talking point, so to know that one of our beers helped two people find love is really lovely.
'With such a heart-warming request, we knew we had to fulfil it and we hope Celeste and her girlfriend enjoy their special beer and a long and happy life together.'
Has a local business helped you to make a romantic gesture this Valentine's Day? Email email@example.com