Strangers Coffee introduces fully biodegradable cups
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A Norwich coffee shop is doing its bit to improve its green footprint as the national war against waste continues.
Strangers Coffee on Pottergate has begun using biodegradable cups, after months of research into the best alternatives to traditional, plastic lined vessels.
The resulting cups, produced in Ireland, have a newly developed mineral lining which breaks down naturally and can be recycled with normal paper waste.
The company has also invested in fully compostable cup lids.
Co-founder and director of Strangers Coffee, Alex Sargeant, said the cups had been delivered and rolled out in the cafe quicker than anticipated.
You may also want to watch:
'Early customer feedback has been great and they are happy we are making these changes,' he said. 'We look to make some further developments on the cups over the next few batches to really highlight their recyclability.'
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 5 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 6 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive